Date: 18 March 2019
Location: Fort Worth Swell Packer Manufacturing Plant, Texas
The Floor Assistant is responsible for assisting with packaging products, general housekeeping and many other general daily duties.
A good team player who will work closely with the Shop Foreman to ensure a safe, clean work environment along with helping to ensure quality, on-time delivery of all orders.
Responsibilities and tasks will include:
- Daily emptying of all trash receptacles and grinding/sanding collection barrels
- Assist to ensure all tools are clean and stored in the proper toolboxes/areas
- Assist with daily inspections of forklifts, overhead cranes, climate-controlled storage rooms, lifting accessories, etc.
- Ensure all work performed meets specification requirements
- When required, assist with applying rubber to pipe mandrels and end rings, whether calendared or extruded
- Assist in other areas of the workshop as needed
- Undertaking special projects and assignments as requested
- General housekeeping
- Assist with stock cycle counts
- Assist with the control of consumable stock levels
INDIVIDUAL QHSE RESPONSIBILITIES
- To demonstrate commitment to the quality of service, including quality of records produced, aiming at meeting and exceeding customer expectations;
- To demonstrate personal commitment to protection of Health, Safety and the Environment;
- To follow company QHSE Policy, relevant operational procedures, HSE procedures and risk assessments;
- To communicate and report on any perceived non-conformances or faults in the service provided or in the company’s Quality or HSE Management Systems.
Essential: Relevant experience in a machining/manufacturing plant
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Experience working in a manufacturing plant
- Demonstrate good communication skills, along with an ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrate a strong ability to work under pressure to meet client delivery expectations
- Commitment to working extra hours and/or weekends when required to meet client delivery expectations
- Experience in Swell Packer manufacturing
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively plan, control, and take responsibility for own work
- Relevant certificates for safe operation of forklift and overhead crane.
- Ability to plan, control and take responsibility for own work and related decisions
- Problem solving approach and a ‘get it right first time’ attitude
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, and good team work skills
- Strong ability to perform well under pressure of a high and varied work load, tight deadlines and changing job priorities
- Attention to detail in all aspects of the job role
How to apply:
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join us at a very exciting time of company growth and development.
If you are interested in the role, please send your current CV, together with a cover letter via the form below.