Manufacturing Project Engineer
Date: 31 January 2019
Location: Westhill, Aberdeen
To assist in implementation of global manufacturing strategy with inputs into the supply chain function. This will cover all areas of the manufacturing process both internal/external and associated procurement. Development of strategic and operating plans to ensure the company has the appropriate resources to support current forecasted business and projected growth. Interface with Supply Chain, Engineering and Product Line functions to ensure seamless integration with manufacturing.
To ensure efficient and effective globally consistent processes and procedures.
To continually challenge status quo and drive cost benefits in all areas to improve company returns and competitiveness.
- Supply Chain strategy: New Vendor selection and managing qualification.
- PulseEight suppliers and overall planning for internalisation of assembly and stock control.
- Local Screen suppliers.
- New Products as required.
- Vendor Management for new Vendor into Supply Chain.
- Manufacturing governance (policy, process, training & Quality Assurance).
- Execute internal and contract manufacturing strategy.
- Deliver Supply Chain solutions that meet long term strategic requirements.
- Communication and collaboration with Supply Chain, Engineering and Product Line regarding manufacturing and new vendor qualification.
- Realise cost improvements within Manufacturing and Supply Chain and maximise performance.
- Provide QHSSE leadership and ensure culture of continuous improvement.
- Establish and develop business relations with relevant new companies – vendors and customers.
- Degree or HND in Manufacturing; Production Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Prior experience in Manufacturing and Supply Chain in a similar environment
Experience/ Skills/ Knowledge
- Understanding of Manufacturing and Supply Chain in a similar or larger sized company.
- Exposure to a machine shop environment / Production facility
- Must have in-depth knowledge of production planning, inventory management, cost control, budgeting and resource management within an ERP environment
- Proven ability to roll out high-quality new products on-time.
- Must have good commercial awareness, particularly with regards to dealings with suppliers.
- Demonstrated strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to effectively and consistently close out objectives in a time bound manner.
- Open-minded and innovative personality with strong communication and visible leadership skills.
- Demonstrate a strong ability under pressure to meet client delivery expectations.
How to apply:
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join us at a very exciting time of company growth and development.
If you are interested in the role, please send your current CV, together with a cover letter via the form below.