Project Coordinator – Oman & Qatar
Date: 18 March 2019
Plan, coordinate, and ensure seamless delivery of projects, products and services in Oman and Qatar as well as establishing strong working relationships with our local customers/vendors to ensure efficient and cost-effective running of the business.
Focal point for Operational support which includes FracRight Systems, Swellable Packers, Sand Control and Inflow Control Devices, as well as help in reservoir modelling for AICD installations, as well as support operation and customers in Qatar when required.
- Focal point for planning and coordination of all ongoing and upcoming operations and project awards in Oman and Qatar.
- Supervise Pre-Job preparation of equipment and installation procedures and ensure any NCRs are closed out appropriately.
- Ensure on time delivery and invoicing of orders to reduce DSO through key contacts within Oman and Qatar client organisation
- Technical support to Region Manager on projects and operations.
- Develop and deliver technical solutions to customers.
- Link between customer and internal engineering for client requirements.
- Perform Field Installations and trouble-shooting.
- Supervise and Prepare Installation and Client feedback reports as required
- Plan installation activities with Region Manager to ensure installation success.
- Prepare supporting documentation for all aspects of surface equipment including Operation Manuals, Hook-up Drawings, System Diagrams, Installation & Commissioning Procedures, Work packages, Configuration Records, etc.
- Mentor and Work with Field Engineers to maintain the Project Folders and all supporting documentation.
- Travel to other locations in region as required
- Adhere to company & client’s QHSSE requirements and local legislation at all times and actively participate in promoting a safe working environment.
INDIVIDUAL QHSE RESPONSIBILITIES
- To demonstrate commitment to the quality of service, including quality of records produced, aiming at meeting and exceeding customer expectations;
- To demonstrate personal commitment to protection of Health, Safety and the Environment;
- To follow company QHSE Policy, relevant operational procedures, HSE procedures and risk assessments;
- To communicate and report on any perceived non-conformances or faults in the service provided or in the company’s Quality or HSE Management Systems.
Essential: Degree qualification or equivalent
Preferred: Relevant Engineering Qualification
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Previous Operational experience & Customer interaction.
- Technical background; experience from completions: ICDs, Liner hanger, Swellable packers, Multi-stage frac, and mechanical packers, frac’ing operations
- Project management; plan and coordinate activities leading up to operations as well as follow up throughout the operations.
- Strong Operational experience.
- Ability to find solutions that meet customer expectations.
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to work under pressure to meet client delivery expectations.
- Willingness to provide field support when needed
- Reservoir knowledge with experience with Netool or other Inflow control modelling software
- Ability to plan, control and take responsibility for own work and related decisions
- Problem solving approach and a ‘get it right first time’ attitude
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, and good team work skills
- Strong ability to perform well under pressure of a high and varied work load, tight deadlines and changing job priorities
- Attention to detail in all aspects of the job role
How to apply:
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join us at a very exciting time of company growth and development.
If you are interested in the role, please send your current CV, together with a cover letter via the form below.