Trainee Applications Engineer
Date: 25 June 2018
Location: Westhill, Aberdeen
To ensure the seamless delivery of Tendeka’s technologies through obtaining a solid understanding of the portfolio and application to provide support across the department, within the office, laboratory and at client locations.
- Technical evaluation of applications and provision of equipment specification and recommendation
- Provision and management of technical documentation for tenders, technical proposals and project delivery
- Technical support of project delivery in line with internal processes, e.g. contract review
- Production of product quality plans and support of manufacturing activities, including third party support and tool assembly when required.
- Product and service improvement in commercialised product range to increase value, reduce cost and increase competitiveness.
- Provide technical training for new and existing employees on commercial technology range.
- Other tasks as required in support of the delivery of Tendeka’s strategy, corporate milestones and revenue.
- Control qualification testing of developing products/compound
- Assist with customer field operations preparation and deployment for completions technology product range
Essential: Higher grade level or equivalent, with Maths/Science and English
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or oilfield discipline
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Strong communication skills and ability to deliver well written and constructed technical documentation.
- Ability to use standard Microsoft office packages, e.g. excel, word, powerpoint
- Good problem-solving abilities displaying a logical and pro-active response
- Show a strong understanding of customer’s requirements.
- Willing to travel and work in a global team of professionals.
- Demonstrate an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
- Demonstrate a strong ability under pressure to meet client delivery expectations.
- Must demonstrate an ability to effectively utilise dedicated resources, and the ability to plan, control, and take responsibility for own work.
- Relevant technical or practical skills for the understanding and deployment of completion technology
- Engineering background, preferably with knowledge of manufacturing/machine shop environments
- Field experience in the deployment of downhole technology
Experience with fibre optic technology
How to apply:
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join us at a very exciting time of company growth and development.
If you are interested in the role, please send your current CV, together with a cover letter via the form below.