Supply Chain Manufacturing Engineer
Date: 22nd December 2017
The Supply Chain Manufacturing Engineer role is the focus for the co-ordination of the Tendeka Supply Chain manufacturing planning to ensure that products and services are planned and structured correctly in the business ERP system to meet customer orders and internal project requirements.
Responsibilities and tasks will include:
-Detail supply chain planning of subcontract manufactured parts including:
- Manufacturing routing of parts within ERP taking into account supply chain, material type and manufacturing processes required;
- Assist in ‘make or buy’ for parts based upon manufacturing process and capability required;
- Review BOMs in ERP for structure and completeness for Supply Chain processing;
- Set up the ERP manufacturing routing ready for parts to be procured or manufactured in house;
- Estimation of sub con manufacturing costs based upon machine shop processes such turning, milling, drilling etc.;
- Contribute to ‘design for manufacture’ reviews with Engineering, R&D and Vendors to achieve optimum design, manufacturing and cost trade-off;
- Ensure manufacturing techniques, qualifications and suppliers are in place to deliver commercial products;
- Aid in the creation of procedures to aide repeatability and scalability in other manufacturing locations;
- Report of progress as required to the business
-Support the Supply Chain procurement process by effective delivery of the supply chain process including:
- Procurement of products, materials and logistics services to support the department
- Vendor selection based upon quality, cost, delivery and service appropriate to the requirement
- Negotiation and placement of purchase orders in the business system with vendors for products, materials and logistics services with particular attention to job margin;
- Purchase order management, including expediting when necessary, to ensure that all delivery dates are maintained in the business system;
- Maintain both the hard copy and electronic job files and archiving system for full supply chain traceability.
-Work to all business processes relating to contract and supply chain management;
-Continuously work on improved costs for products and services including value analysis and benchmarking;
-Report KPIs on a monthly basis;
-Maintain and manage the approved vendor list where appropriate;
-Develop strong vendor relationships and participate in vendor development meetings and improvement plans;
-Assist in quality related activity such as NCR close out and new vendor evaluation.
-Carry out other work-related duties as may be assigned to you.
Essential: Degree or HND in Manufacturing; Production Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
Preferred: Procurement experience including vendor selection, RFQ, cost negotiation and purchase order placement and management
Desirable: Six Sigma Green Belt or higher
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Experience of working in a fast-paced manufacturing business environment where subcontract of products is common;
- Comprehensive practical experience of manufacturing processes applicable to a machine shop environment;
- Ability to read an engineering drawing including manufacturing specifications;
- Ability to understand the best manufacturing process and options to give optimum cost effectiveness;
- Ability to understand manufacturing routing required for parts including Supplier Quality Plans.
- Detailed ERP business system experience;
- Comprehensive experience of planning and setting up with ERP including BOM structures and manufacturing steps required;
- Strong project management skills to ensure projects with complex supply chains are delivered on time and to cost with risks identified and mitigated;
- Demonstrate good communication skills, along with an ability to work in a team environment, as well as an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems;
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively utilise dedicated resources, and the ability to plan, control, and take responsibility for own work;
- Demonstrate competency in IT application tools as required
- Procurement experience including vendor selection, RFQ, cost negotiation and purchase order placement and management;
- Vendor development process experience including continuous improvement techniques;
- Working knowledge of ‘Epicor ERP’ software.
How to apply:
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join us at a very exciting time of company growth and development.
If you are interested in the role, please send your current CV, together with a cover letter via the form below.