Supply Chain Manager
Date: 27th November 2017
The Supply Chain Manager position is a key role within our organisation and manages a professional Supply Chain Team that purchases products, material and services including logistics to support Global Manufacturing Facilities.
The provision of support to the Customer Services Department for customer bids is essential. This support to include equipment costs and lead-times and also supply chain feasibility studies.
Team leadership; team management; vendor management; vendor relationships; supply chain planning; inventory control, logistics; effective reporting; continual review of supply contracts; cost reduction and continuous improvement are key managerial areas of performance to ensure that a cost competitive and robust supply chain is developed and maintained.
An enthusiastic self-starter with a strong drive to improve existing processes and systems is desired. Excellent staff management and organisational skills required to achieve; improve and exceed customer service levels and key objectives.
Responsibilities and tasks will include:
- Leadership and management of the supply chain team to meet all objectives;
- Strategic planning of the supply chain to meet current and future requirements;
- Plan and execute procurement of finished goods and raw materials from global contract manufacturers and vendors to hit all required technical requirements; delivery date, quality and cost requirements;
- Ensure vendors are qualified for the manufacturing techniques required to deliver commercial products including the procedures to aide repeatability and scalability in other manufacturing locations.
- Negotiating contracts to reduce costs and achieve maximum efficiency;
- Management of vendor contracts;
- Work closely with vendors and customers to improve operations and reduce cost;
- Work closely with the Quality Department to improve vendor quality assurance;
- Monitoring data management to keep accurate product, contract, pricing and invoicing information;
- Review of customer orders and contract reviews;
- Creation of key performance indicators and management reports;
- Responsible for project planning and scheduling;
- Identifying and developing potential new vendors which would strategically benefit the supply chain;
- Vendor performance monitoring, measurement, improvement strategies and the recording and analysis of data to support this;
- Work with the Engineering Department on design for manufacture and value engineering activity;
- Continuous improvement driven and be able to process review and implement change such as new policies and processes where required;
- Undertaking performance reviews on members of the department;
- Improving the communication and service to internal customer departments;
- Undertaking special projects and assignments as requested.
- Degree educated in Engineering; Manufacturing
- CIPS Level 4 or above (or equivalent)
- Six Sigma Green Belt or higher
- ISO-9001 Lead Auditor qualified
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Significant experience in global manufacturing supply chain management;
- Extensive experience in a similar role in an engineering and manufacturing company;
- Proven leadership skills;
- Proven staff management and development capability;
- Manufacturing process knowledge and experience, preferably with machining, assemble & test of down-hole completions equipment;
- Engineering background with the ability to understand design drawings and specifications;
- Understanding of complete supply chain process, from vendor supply to logistics and shipping. Desired specific experience:
- Export Controls / Compliance
- Supplier Contracts and Vendor Management
- Shipping and Document Controls;
- Supply chain planning using an advanced ERP system
- ISO-9001 Process / In-process Quality Control;
- Vendor evaluation including desirably vendor audits;
- Vendor development and improvement;
- Show a strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements;
- New process creation and implementation;
- Implementation and maintaining supply chain KPIs and identification of improvement actions;
- Willing to travel and work in a global team of professionals;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, along with an ability to work in a team environment, as well as an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems;
- Demonstrate a strong ability under pressure to meet customer expectations;
- Must demonstrate an ability to effectively utilise dedicated resources, and the ability to plan, control, and take responsibility for own work.
How to apply:
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join us at a very exciting time of company growth and development.
If you are interested in the role, please send your current CV, together with a cover letter via the form below.