Senior Firmware Engineer
Date: 09th January 2018
The Senior Firmware Engineer (SFE) will support the delivery of Emergent Technology for oil & gas well applications. Responsible for development and qualification of hardware/firmware for downhole tools, and supporting the drive to develop disruptive and innovative products.
The SFE will work closely within a multi-discipline team to adapt and further enhance existing technologies such as PulseEight, as well as being a key figure in early stage concept and ideas development.
Candidates should ideally have strong firmware design and coding skills, and the ability to understand product and client needs. The SFE will often be asked to find solutions to challenging problems and will need to use their own creativity and ability to collaborate to identify the best way forward.
This role is key to delivering digitalized oilfield solutions. Using the recent successful trial of PulseEight as a starting point, the possibilities are without limits.
- Develop robust and innovative technology to support development.
- Ensure delivery of R & D projects on time and within budget.
- Development of Microprocessor firmware/software and management of 3rd parties undertaking this
- Development of test software/apps and test procedures for tools and equipment.
- Consolidation of internal test data and reporting thereafter to clients and development team.
- Support commercialisation of qualified products through technical documentation and training.
- Ensure seamless supply chain and service delivery.
- Follow QHSE procedures and ensure culture of continuous improvement.
- Develop Intellectual Property related to downhole tools.
- Provide technical support to regional personnel.
Essential: University degree in Design, Product Development or Engineering
Preferred: University degree in Design, Product Development or Engineering with strong Electronics/ Software Development
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Ability to design, develop and understand microprocessor code.
- Understanding of sensor, data gathering and distribution of data to various sources.
- Able to lead and manage key disciplines experts.
- Ability to learn and apply to new projects and technical challenges.
- Strong ability to develop, de-bug and trial products.
- Show a strong understanding of customer requirements.
- Willing to undertake offshore installations and trials.
- Demonstrate an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
- Demonstrate a strong ability under pressure to meet client delivery expectations
- Programming skills in C and LabVIEW.
- Experience in the design and component selection of mechanical, electronic or electro-hydraulic systems.
- Experience of completions, logging, MWD or monitoring.
- Experience with design of micro-controller based systems.
- Experience in testing prototype tools.
- Experience with the testing of downhole and hydraulic systems.
How to apply:
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join us at a very exciting time of company growth and development.
If you are interested in the role, please send your current CV, together with a cover letter via the form below.