Senior Electronics Engineer – UK
Date: 28th September 2018
Location: Westhill, Aberdeen
The key aspect of this role is to take in-house the design, testing and quality management of existing and new electronics components. It will provide an opportunity to make a significant impact on technology used at the forefront of downhole analysis and automation, and a chance to put a personal stamp on the electronics used in Tendeka’s downhole products and the creation of a department. It requires an experienced person with the capability to think laterally whilst having the capability to set up robust design and qualification processes.
The Senior Electronics Engineer will support the ongoing development of PulseEight wireless technology and delivery of new and advanced downhole technology for oil & gas well applications. The role carries primary responsibility for development and qualification of hardware and firmware for downhole tools and supporting the drive to develop disruptive and innovative products.
The Engineer will work closely within multi-discipline teams to support commercial technologies and drive key development through early stage concept and ideas development to commercial deliveries.
In this broad reaching and mission critical role the candidates will require innovation, strong technical skills, the ability to understand product and client needs, manage third party development resources and work to tight deadlines.
- Take on full responsibility for all existing electronics component design, testing and quality checking
- Liaise with electronics assembly technicians on build processes
- Review existing testing programs and update as necessary
- Facilitate a fast track fault finding and upgrading as required
- Review and update existing electronic design to make the system improved from current designs
- Create and design new electronics systems to allow the progression of current and future product lines
- Development of Microprocessor firmware/software and management of supporting 3rd parties
- Development of test software/apps and test procedures for tools and equipment
- Support seamless supply chain through development of key electronics supply chain and QC measures
- Support commercialisation of qualified products through technical documentation and training
- Follow QHSE procedures and ensure culture of continuous improvement
Essential: Bachelors degree in Electronics Engineering, or equivalent in experience or training
Preferred: Masters degree in Electronics Engineering
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Relevant programming skills; C language and LabVIEW electronics development experience
- Fundamental understanding of downhole technology in the oil and gas sector
- Experience in developing downhole tools
- Ability to build basic electronic circuits for test purposes
- Ability to design and evaluate complex electronic circuits
- Ability to design, develop and understand microprocessor code
- Understanding of sensor, data gathering and distribution of data to various sources
- Able to lead and manage key disciplines experts
- Ability to learn and apply to new projects and technical challenges
- Strong ability to develop, de-bug and trial products
- Show a strong understanding of customer requirements
- Demonstrate an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
- Demonstrate a strong ability under pressure to meet client delivery expectations
- Experience in the design and component selection of mechanical, electronic or electro-hydraulic systems
- Experience of completions, logging, MWD or monitoring
- Experience with design of micro-controller based systems
- Experience in testing prototype tools
- Experience with the testing of downhole and hydraulic systems
How to apply:
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join us at a very exciting time of company growth and development.
If you are interested in the role, please send your current CV, together with a cover letter via the form below.