Senior Development Engineer
Date: 09th January 2018
To manage and support the delivery of Emergent Technology for oil & gas well applications. Responsibility for coordinating the development and qualification of hardware/firmware for downhole tools. Specifically, in the electronics and software areas, support the drive to develop disruptive and innovative Oil and Gas products.
- Develop robust and innovative technology to support development.
- Ensure delivery of R & D projects on time and within budget.
- Development of Microprocessor firmware/software and management of 3rd parties undertaking this
- Development of test software/apps and test procedures for tools and equipment.
- Consolidation of internal test data and reporting thereof to clients and development team.
- Support commercialisation of qualified products through technical documentation and training.
- Ensure seamless supply chain and service delivery.
- Follow QHSE procedures and ensure culture of continuous improvement.
- Develop Intellectual Property related to downhole tools.
- Provide technical support to regional personnel.
Essential: University degree in Design, Product Development or Engineering
Preferred: University degree in Design, Product Development or Engineering with strong Electronics/ Software Development
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Ability to work across many technical disciplines (Electronics, Mechanics, Hydraulics, Software etc) to develop complete products
- Creativity, Innovation, problem solving attitude
- Good organisation, communication and report writing skills.
- Ability to work within a small multi-discipline team.
- Ability to design, develop and understand microprocessor code
- Understanding of sensor, data gathering and distribution of data to various sources
- Able to lead and manage key disciplines experts
- Ability to learn and apply to new projects and technical challenges
- Strong ability to develop, de-bug and trial products.
- Show a strong understanding of customer requirements.
- Willing to undertake offshore installations and trials.
- Demonstrate an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
- Demonstrate a strong ability under pressure to meet client delivery expectations
- Programming skills in C and LabVIEW.
- Experience in the design and component selection of mechanical, electronic or electro- hydraulic systems.
- Experience of completions, logging, MWD or monitoring.
- Experience with design of micro controller based systems.
- Experience in testing prototype tools.
- Experience with the testing of downhole and hydraulic systems.
How to apply:
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join us at a very exciting time of company growth and development.
If you are interested in the role, please send your current CV, together with a cover letter via the form below.