Junior Software Developer
Date: 03 May 2018
Location: Houston, Texas
The Junior Software Developer works in an agile and collaborative development team building and working on enterprise level software systems built on top of a variety of relational databases, operating systems and modern UI frameworks. The Junior Software Developer is involved in all areas of the software lifecycle from design through development, into testing and third-tier customer support.
- Working with an agile team to help develop, test and maintain both web and desktop-based business applications built on a variety of platforms.
- Design, develop and unit-test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support the deployment of releases.
- Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems including providing escalated third-tier support to customers.
- Adhering to high-quality development principals while delivering solutions on-time.
- Must have development experience in Microsoft .NET C# applications.
- Must have a good understanding of the Microsoft .NET technology stack.
- College or university degree in computer science or a related discipline.
- 1-3 years of programming experience.
- 1-3 years of experience working in the oil and gas industry.
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts.
- Familiarity with version-control concepts.
- Good understanding of Microsoft .NET development using C#.
- Knowledge of unit-testing theory.
- Creative, innovative and problem-solving attitude.
- Good organization, communication and writing skills.
- Strong desire to learn and to apply learned behavior to new projects and challenges.
- Demonstrate an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of client/server application development.
- Experience with Angular CLI development.
- Experience with Objective-C and iOS development.
- Experience with SQL Server development.
- Experience with emerging and new database technologies such as NoSQL.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry.
How to apply:
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join us at a very exciting time of company growth and development.
If you are interested in the role, please send your current CV, together with a cover letter via the form below.