Group Accounts Assistant (Fixed Term – 11 months)
Date: 15 May 2018
Location: Westhill, Aberdeen
To control and manage the sales ledger and the purchase ledger and be responsible for all areas including inputting invoices; ensuring authorisations are in place; making payments and month end reconciliation & close.
- Overseeing the processing of accounts payable invoices for all group entities, ensuring accuracy of values and coding
- Sales invoicing across the group collating the appropriate information from the sales department and assessing margins before finalising
- Processing payments for the group
- Report daily receivables and post in Epicor
- Maintain accounts receivable spreadsheet and chase regions
- Perform bank reconciliations
- VAT returns for various global entities including the Netherlands, Norway, Australia and Canada
- Calculation/payment of payroll in the Middle East, Australia and Asia
- Complete month end processes including reconciliation work
- Updating of various monthly trackers for senior management
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
Essential: Must have completed a good level of secondary education
Preferred: HNC/HND would be desirable but not essential
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Must possess at least 1-year relevant experience in a similar job
- Demonstrate good communication skills, along with an ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding of basic accounting principles
- Must demonstrate competency in IT application tools but especially excel
- Experience of Epicor would be advantageous
How to apply:
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join us at a very exciting time of company growth and development.
If you are interested in the role, please send your current CV, together with a cover letter via the form below.