Date: 02 October 2018
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
The Floor Assistant is responsible for assisting with packaging products, general housekeeping and many other general daily duties.
A good team player who will work closely with the Shop Foreman to ensure a safe, clean work environment along with helping to ensure quality, on-time delivery of all orders.
Responsibilities and tasks will include:
- Daily emptying of all trash receptacles and grinding/sanding collection barrels
- Assist to ensure all tools are clean and stored in the proper toolboxes/areas
- Assist with daily inspections of forklifts, overhead cranes, climate-controlled storage rooms, lifting accessories, etc.
- Ensure all work performed meets specification requirements
- When required, assist with applying rubber to pipe mandrels and end rings, whether calendared or extruded
- Assist in other areas of the workshop as needed
- Undertaking special projects and assignments as requested
- General housekeeping
- Assist with stock cycle counts
- Assist with the control of consumable stock levels
Essential: Relevant experience in a machining/manufacturing plant
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Experience working in a manufacturing plant
- Demonstrate good communication skills, along with an ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrate a strong ability to work under pressure to meet client delivery expectations
- Commitment to working extra hours and/or weekends when required to meet client delivery expectations
- Experience in Swell Packer manufacturing
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively plan, control, and take responsibility for own work
- Relevant certificates for safe operation of forklift and overhead cranes
How to apply:
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join us at a very exciting time of company growth and development.
If you are interested in the role, please send your current CV, together with a cover letter via the form below.