Field Engineer (Temporary)
Date: 21 November 2018
Location: Westhill, Aberdeen
The main purpose of the position is responsibility for the successful delivery and installation of Tendeka products. Products include Tendeka DTS/DTSS and Fiber Optic equipment.
- Pre-Job preparation of equipment and installation procedures
- Fiber optic/DTS cable deployed rig installations
- Fusion splicing of multi-mode and single mode fibers
- OTDR cable checks
- Pressure testing of cable fittings
- Clamp installation
- Cable spooler operation
- Tubing hanger cable interfaces
- Wellhead Outlet hook up to surface cable
- Surface DTS unit enclosure rig up with low voltage connections
- Modem 3G/4G set up for DTS data transfer
Essential: HND/Degree in engineering, electronics or applicable relevant experience.
Preferred: Optical / Electrical / Mechanical Engineering Degree.
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Offshore experience in upper/ lower completions
- Experience with DTS (Distributed Temperature Sensing) /Fiber Optic
- Significant field experience
- Substantial interventions experience
- Experience in a supervisory capacity
- Competent in MS office products (Word, Excel etc.)
- Downhole electronic tool experience (deploying or assembling)E.g. memory tools or electric line logging tools
- Oilfield Reservoir Monitoring & Data Acquisition Systems, fibre optical experience
- Electronic downhole gauge experience
- Current BOSIET and MIST
- Familiar with ISSOW systems
- Current UK Offshore Medical certificate
How to apply:
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join us at a very exciting time of company growth and development.
If you are interested in the role, please send your current CV, together with a cover letter via the form below.