Date: 16 March 2018
Location: Westhill, Aberdeen
To work within a multi-discipline technical team to design, qualify and commercialise new products for the oil and gas industry, specifically relating to the lower completion market.
The Engineering Supervisor is required to drive elements of the project management, liaise with customers (external and internal) on technical requirements and interface with the supply chain structure to ensure product delivery and quality.
- Delegated authority of the Engineering Manager in their absence
- Perform general design duties such as:
- Provide innovative & unique solutions to Tendeka technical challenges
- Complete feasibility studies on conceptual solutions
- Creation of detailed manufacture/assembly drawings
- Control of Product Data Maintenance (PDM) information
- Preparation of design packages for performance of design review.
- Preparation of test procedures, reports & assistance to workshop personnel as required
- Support all regions with technical expertise.
- Provide support to Supply Chain / Quotation teams in relation to technical matters.
- Liaise with clients as required for any specific project requirements.
- Mentor/coach/train and oversee the work of Engineer/s and Draughtsperson/s as assigned by Engineering Manager.
- Maintaining and creation of departmental standards and procedures.
Essential: A bachelor’s degree or similar type qualification in a technical subject or equivalent.
Preferred: Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering with knowledge of design calculations.
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Extensive experience in the design, testing & installation of down hole completion products of which time should have been spent in an Engineering design office environment.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a team environment, as well as an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
- Demonstrate through experience a good understanding of general engineering principles and ability to analyse data to detect and resolve performance issues.
- Experience in the design of down hole systems.
- Experience/knowledge of welding/developing weld processes.
- Experience in working with operator driven R&D environment.
- Knowledge of FEA/CFD analysis.
- Experience in 3D modelling (SolidWorks preferred).
How to apply:
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join us at a very exciting time of company growth and development.
If you are interested in the role, please send your current CV, together with a cover letter via the form below.