Date: 06 July 2018
Location: Westhill, Aberdeen
To work within a multi-discipline technical team to design, qualify and commercialise a range cutting edge downhole completion technologies. As a member of a small and dynamic group of specialists the primary focus is the mechanical component of new and developing systems. However, flexibility and initiative are also key elements of the role. The draughtsperson will produce assembly and detail drawings of a range of products which include swellable, fiber optic and electro-hydraulic valve technologies.
- To produce general arrangement, production and detailed drawings and parts lists of clients and client’s products.
- To assist in the development of engineering design
- To produce information in the form of drawings and specifications which allows the contracts, projects and production departments to perform their functions efficiently.
- To contribute to the continuing effort to reduce costs.
- To contribute to the maintenance of engineering data using data management software.
- To produce information to safely meet client and in-house deadlines and to advise early of any anticipated delays.
- To ensure all relevant company procedures and policies are adhered to in the performance of the duties above.
- HNC or HND (or equivalent) qualified in a recognised mechanical engineering discipline at minimum.
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Knowledge of 3D modelling software.
- Ideally knowledge with SolidWorks software.
- Knowledge of parametric modelling techniques.
- Be familiar with current draughting standards.
- Previous relevant draughting experience.
- Knowledge of downhole hydraulics would be advantageous.
- Ability to investigate and interpret data.
- Oil and gas experience preferred
How to apply:
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join us at a very exciting time of company growth and development.
If you are interested in the role, please send your current CV, together with a cover letter via the form below.