Business Development Manager – Sub-Sahara Africa
Date: 20 March 2018
Location: Westhill, Aberdeen
Responsible for Sub-Sahara Africa business development and profitability in line with budget expectations. Responsible for developing a sales strategy, customer relations and business growth as well as the cost-effective running of the business within the area of responsibility. Additionally, the Business Development Manager is required to co-ordinate and manage the seamless delivery of products and service within the region and to be the focal point of the company, providing sales and operational support to both existing and new clients and business partners. The position will require extensive travel within the region including to client Headquarters and to provide support to other EFA areas as and when required.
- Market and sell Tendeka solutions with particular focus on mature fields products and/or systems
- Develop relationships with new and existing customers and provide information to maximise sales
- Maintain contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction
- Increase Tendeka brand awareness in the area via participation in local events
- Manage and optimise agent representation across the region
- Evaluate and process all customer enquiries for all regional operations and provide a technically and commercially attractive proposal
- In partnership with the Vice President and the Marketing department, prepare and co-ordinate annual sales and marketing plan for the region, including but not limited to target customers, exhibitions, conferences and workshops. Provide and report the necessary market intelligence for the region, i.e., market potential, expected tenders, sales pipeline and competitor’s activities.
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin
- Develop and deliver proposal presentations and RFP responses.
- Prepare annual budgets and timely monthly financial and opportunity reporting
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines
- Co-ordinate design requirements through Tendeka support functions to ensure the correct feasibility of all quotations and attainment of customer requirements
Preferred: Degree qualified, preferably Engineering or Science discipline
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Global business background; experienced in development areas such as commercializing new technology, MY/MP project awards
- Must have local market knowledge and experience of working within the area
- Must show understanding / experience of working with subsurface teams
- Show a strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Demonstrate a strong ability under pressure to meet client delivery expectations
- Completions background or experience
- Demonstrate a proven strong sales track record
How to apply:
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join us at a very exciting time of company growth and development.
If you are interested in the role, please send your current CV, together with a cover letter via the form below.