Date: 30 May 2018
Location: Westhill, Aberdeen
To perform all laboratory testing, projects and reports undertaken in the Aberdeen laboratory. Control development projects with minimal support. Ensure the laboratory is kept to a high standard of QHSSE. To ensure the seamless delivery of Completions technologies.
- Control of laboratory testing including setting up, organising, planning, performing and reporting of the tests.
- Control of fluids, chemicals, consumables in the lab and ensure paperwork (MSDS, COSHH) are in order.
- Ensuring appropriate QHSSE paperwork is kept up to date including daily maintenance, calibrations and stock checks.
- Control projects for compound development within the given timeframe.
- Responsible for quality control assurance for zonal isolation product line.
- Generate workshop test procedures, qualification reports and results for distribution.
- Control and maintain all risk assessments, TPMs, COSHH, PUWER assessments and work instructions for the laboratory.
- Support in the quote/contract review process for completion technology products.
- Support the planning, co‐ordination and control of the design and development of new or modification of the existing product line in order to meet actual or anticipated future customer needs.
- Support in the building of new and existing products and assembly operations
Essential: Relevant laboratory experience
Preferred: Chemistry background, HND level
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively utilise resources, and the ability to plan, control, and take responsibility for own work
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, and good teamwork skills
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems
- Excellent report writing skills
- Knowledge of laboratory operations
- Interest to develop understanding of lower completions equipment / swellable elastomers
How to apply:
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join us at a very exciting time of company growth and development.
If you are interested in the role, please send your current CV, together with a cover letter via the form below.