Applications Engineer – Advanced Completions
Date: 24th October 2017
Location: Westhill, Aberdeen
To ensure the seamless delivery of Advanced Completions technologies; with a particular emphasis on equipment selection, system qualification and field implementation. Provide technical leadership on Advanced Completions.
- Technical Lead on Advanced Completions (Subset Wireless/Conventional Monitoring)
- Support development of new concepts and application areas
- Actively seek out opportunities for further deployment and uptake of equipment
- Project management and field delivery of field trials/early stage commercial deployments
- Oversee the build, testing and fault finding of prototype tools
- Specify and oversee qualification testing of developing products
- Support on-going development of operational systems and processes
- Establish and develop business relations with relevant companies (clients, funding bodies, suppliers)
- Manage commercialization of new products providing marketing material, case studies, technical papers and pricing guidelines
- Carry out training and technical support for regional hubs
- Other appropriate tasks as required to support the on-going development and commercialisation of Advanced Completions Technologies
- Provide QHSE leadership and ensure culture of continuous improvement
Essential: Engineering degree or similar
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Field/Application Engineering experience in upper completions and/or intervention
- Experience with downhole electronic/hydraulic systems.
- Good problem solving abilities displaying a logical and pro-active response
- Show a strong understanding of customers operational and quality requirements.
- Willing to travel and work in a global team of professionals.
- Demonstrate good communication skills, along with an ability to work in a team environment, as well as an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
- Demonstrate a strong ability under pressure to meet client delivery expectations.
- Must demonstrate an ability to effectively utilise dedicated resources, and the ability to plan, control, and take responsibility for own work.
- Strong Engineering background, preferably with knowledge of manufacturing/machine shop environments
- Working knowledge of intelligent completions and client benefits of
How to apply:
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join us at a very exciting time of company growth and development.
If you are interested in the role, please send your current CV, together with a cover letter via the form below.